- Tommy Lee Jones, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Hal Holbrook, James Spader, John Hawkes, Tim Blake Nelson, Bruce McGill and Joseph Cross have joined the cast of Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln", that is to star Daniel Day-Lewis.
- Jones will portray Thaddeus Stevens, a Republican leader and congressman from Pennsylvania, who was a staunch supporter of abolishing slavery and was critical to writing the legislation that funded the American Civil War.
- Gordon-Levitt will play Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of President Lincoln and the only one to live past his teenage years.
- Cross is in talks to play John Hay, Lincoln's assistant and private secretary.
- Actors who are also in talks to join the cast include David Costabile, Byron Jennings, Dakin Matthews, Boris McGiver, Gloria Reuben, Jeremy Strong and David Warshofsky in various supporting roles.
- The film will be released late next year by Touchstone Pictures.
Related Titles: Lincoln