Still I Rise: Holly Hunter joins the cast
- Holly Hunter has joined Viola Davis and Maggie Gyllenhaal in "Still I Rise", the drama about a teacher and a mother who join forces to transform an inner-city public school.
- She will play the head of the teachers union.
Still I Rise: Gyllenhaal and Davis to star
- Maggie Gyllenhaal and Viola Davis have been set to star in the drama "Still I Rise" that Daniel Barnz ("Beastly") is directing.
The story follows two mothers who channel frustration into action and join forces to transform an inner-city public school.
Inspired by current events, the film takes aim at the crisis of public education in America.
- Filming is scheduled to start on May 23 in Pittsburgh.
- The film will be distributed domestically by 20th Century Fox.