The Forbin Project: Blake Masters to write
- Blake Masters has signed on to rewrite the screenplay for "The Forbin Project", Universal's remake of the 1970s sci-fi thriller.
The project was announced last October with Ron Howard directing and Will Smith starring, but it is unclear whether they are still involved.
- Jason Rothenberg had written a previous draft.
The original film's story was set during the Cold War and followed a genius who creates a supercomputer put in charge of independently regulating the national defense of the United States. It's soon discovered the Russians have created a similar computer, and both machines have begun sharing top secret information. The Russians and Americans must work together before both computers seize control of each country's stockpile of missiles.
Mon July 18, 2011 | Source: Variety
The Forbin Project: Will Smith to star
- Will Smith will star in "The Forbin Project", a remake of the 1970 sci-fi film"Colossus: The Forbin Project" which was directed by Joseph Sargent.
- Ron Howard is attached to direct.
- The film is about the world's first sentient computer and the misunderstood genius who gains power over the world because of it.