The Crow: Bradley Cooper drops out
- Bradley Cooper has dropped out of "The Crow", the remake of the 1993 cult classic that Relativity Media is developing, due to scheduling conflicts.
Cooper is set to star in "Paradise Lost", which shoots early 2012, the same time production on "The Crow" is planned to take place.
- Rumored replacements for Cooper include Mark Wahlberg, who was offered the part last year but a deal never went through, and Channing Tatum.
The Crow: Alex Tse to write
- Alex Tse ("Watchmen") is attached to write the screenplay for the reinvention of "The Crow", the 1994 critically acclaimed, sensation based on the comic book series and comic strip by James O'Barr.
Juan Carlos Fresnadillo is set to direct and Bradley Cooper attached to star in the gritty reboot of the gothic iconic character Eric Draven, who returns from the grave as The Crow on a mission to avenge his wife's murder, so that his soul can finally rest.
The original film is known for its breakthrough visual style as well as its unique production design and cinematography.
The Crow: Cooper in talks to star
- Bradley Cooper is in talks to star in "The Crow", the remake of the 1994 film.
Based on James O'Barr's comic book, the original film follows a rock musician who is murdered while trying to save his fiancee from thugs. He is resurrected by supernatural forces and seeks revenge.
- Cooper met recently with director Juan Carlos Fresnadillo, while in Spain, and the two hit it off and shared a vision for the character and the film.
The Crow: Fresnadillo to direct
- Juan Carlos Fresnadillo ("28 Weeks Later") has signed on to direct a re-invention of "The Crow", for Relativity Media and producer Edward R. Pressman.
The original 1994 smash hit film was based on the comic book series and comic strip by James O'Barr and followed the iconic cult character Eric Draven, who's resurrected as The Crow to avenge his wife's murder so he can reunite with her in the hereafter.
Stephen Norrington was attached to write and direct the remake back in 2008, with Nick Cave writing the most recent draft of the script last year.
- A new writer is sought to co-write the new script with Fresnadillo.
- Filming is targeted to start in the fall.
Thu April 7, 2011 | Source: Relativity Media
The Crow: Nick Cave to write
- Nick Cave is set to do a rewrite on the screenplay of "The Crow", the new big screen adaptation of James O'Barr's comic book.
Director Stephen Norrington had previously written the script.