Hugo Cabret: Paramount to distribute
- Paramount has taken over the distribution of "Hugo Cabret", the family adventure directed by Martin Scorsese.
Sony was previously scheduled to release the film this December, but after the film's producer, Graham King, asked for the film to be moved to Thanksgiving, the studio agreed instead to hand over distribution rights to Paramount.
- The film will be released on Wednesday November 23, both in 2D and 3D theaters.
Sat February 19, 2011 | Source: Deadline
Hugo Cabret: Mortimer and Stuhlbarg join the cast
- Emily Mortimer and Michael Stuhlbarg have joined the cast of "Hugo Cabret", which Martin Scorsese is directing.
The story centers on Hugo, an orphan boy living a secret life in the walls of a Paris train station. When he encounters a broken machine, an eccentric girl and a cold, reserved man who runs a toy shop, he is caught up in a magical, mysterious adventure that could put all of his secrets in jeopardy.
- Mortimer will portray Lisette, the station's flower shop girl, and Stuhlbarg will play Rene Tabard, a film restorer.
- The film is in production in London.
The Invention of Hugo Cabret: to be shot in 3D
- Martin Scorsese will shoot "The Invention of Hugo Cabret" using 3D technology.
- The story follows Hugo Cabret, a 12 year old orphan, clock keeper and thief, who lives in the walls of a Paris train station in 1930 and tries to solve a mystery involving his late father and a robot.
- The film will be released on December 9th, 2011.
Tue April 13, 2010 | Source: Variety
The Invention of Hugo Cabret: Asa Butterfield and Chloe Moretz to play the two kids
- Asa Butterfield and Chloe Moretz have been cast as the two kids in "The Invention of Hugo Cabret".
- Butterfield will play Hugo Cabret.
- Moretz will portray Isabelle.
The Invention of Hugo Cabret: Kingsley and Baron Cohen join the cast
- Ben Kingsley and Sacha Baron Cohen have joined the cast of "The Invention of Hugo Cabret".
- Kingsley will co-star as famous silent filmmaker, Georges Melies.
- Baron Cohen will have a small part as the Station Inspector.
- Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions is looking to distribute the film, though its production deal with Graham King.
The Invention of Hugo Cabret: Scorsese to direct
- Martin Scorsese is in talks to direct "The Invention of Hugo Cabret", a period mystery set in 1930s Paris.
- He was first attached to the project when it was announced in February 2007. Chris Wedge ("Ice Age") was also attached to direct at some point.
- GK Films is developing the film independently and is in talks with studios for distribution.
- Filming is set to start in June 2010 in London and Paris.
Thu January 21, 2010 | Source: Variety
The Invention of Hugo Cabret: Chris Wedge to direct
- Chris Wedge ("Ice Age") has signed on to direct "The Invention of Hugo Cabret" for Warner Bros.
Scorsese was previously attached to direct the adaptation of Brian Selznick's chrildren's novel, about an orphaned boy who secretly lives in the walls of a busy Paris train station and looks after the clocks. He gets caught up in a mystery adventure when he attempts to repair a mechanical man.
- Filming is scheduled to start in the Fall.
The Invention of Hugo Cabret: Martin Scorsese to direct
- Martin Scorsese is set to direct "The Invention of Hugo Cabret" for Warner Bros.
- John Logan is set to write the screenplay.
- Based on a novel by Brian Selznick, the story follows a 12-year-old orphan who lives in the walls of a Paris train station in 1930 and concerns a mystery involving the boy, his late father and a robot.
Wed February 21, 2007 | Source: Variety