The Deep Blue Goodbye: Paul Greengrass to direct
- Paul Greengrass is in talks to direct "The Deep Blue Goodbye", for 20th Century Fox.
The big screen adaptation of the John D. MacDonald novel is developed as the start of a potential franchise based on the adventures of the Travis McGee character, with Leonardo DiCaprio attached to star.
Oliver Stone was until recently attached to direct the film.
- Greengrass is also being considered to direct "Here, There Be Dragons" for Warner Bros.
The Deep Blue Goodbye: Oliver Stone to direct
- Oliver Stone is in talks to direct adventure mystery "The Deep Blue Goodbye" for 20th Century Fox.
- Kario Salem has co-written the latest draft of the sccreenplay with Dana Stevens.
- The story follows Travis McGee, a self-described beach bum who lives aboard 52-foot houseboat the Busted Flush and alleviates his cash-flow problems by hiring on as a "salvage consultant." He recovers property for clients, taking a hefty percentage and getting into a lot of danger and romance in sun-drenched Florida.