Triple Frontier: Johnny Depp in talks to star
- Johnny Depp is in early talks to star in "Triple Frontier", the action adventure film that is set in the organized crime haven that exists in the border zone between Paraguay, Argentina and Brazil.
Kathryn Bigelow ("The Hurt Locker") will direct from a script by Mark Boal.
- He is considering one of the two major leads, provided that there are no scheduling conflicts.
Triple Frontier: Tom Hanks in talks to star
- Tom Hanks is in negotiations to star in "Triple Frontier", the drama that Kathryn Bigelow ("The Hurt Locker") is directing for Paramount.
Mark Boal ("The Hurt Locker") has written the screenplay.
- The story is set in the organized crime haven that exists in the border zone between Paraguay, Argentina and Brazil.
- Filming is scheduled to beging early next year.
Triple Frontier: Kathryn Bigelow to direct the action-adventure
Kathryn Bigelow has signed on to direct Triple Frontier, an action adventure that Paramount Pictures is developing. Mark Boal (also from the "The Hurt Locker") will write the screenplay.
"Triple Frontier" is described as a high-stakes ensemble project. Boal and Bigelow, who will both exec produce, sold the original idea together; the logline is being kept under wraps.
Boal's writing the script, set in the notorious border zone between Paraguay, Argentina and Brazil where the Igazu and Parana rivers converge -- making "la triple frontera" difficult to monitor and a haven for organized crime.
Sun August 9, 2009 | Source: Variety